On the Beach

On the Beach

Monday, September 24, 2012

QUOTE discussion


What do you think about the following quote?  Has this been your experience?  How did you deal with it?  What would you recommend to others that might be going through this?  Take time to share with us!  As we participate, this will become a more vibrant community with more opportunity to grow and learn!

A gifted child may be able to participate in adult conversations about issues such as global warming or world hunger one minute and the next minute cry and whine because a sibling took a favorite toy.

2 comments:

  1. That sums up perfectly what daily life is like in our household. One minute I am in awe of the conversations my son can have, and the math he's doing, and how at seven he knows so much. Next minute I'm looking on wondering what has happened as he's having a major meltdown over something minute like fighting over toys with his siblings, or not having everything in a set way. I struggle with how to deal with the discrepency between the academic and emotional levels and the extremes. I would love to hear about how other parents manage and techniques they use, because I feel like we're not handling it a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! I SO understand that feeling! I think the biggest thing I have had to do is allow each moment to be its own and have it's own reaction. Also, incorporating some strategies for your son to handle his anxiety. Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete