On the Beach

On the Beach

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grab a coffee and join the conversation


Over the past few months, a few of us have been talking about how we can provide more support to families with gifted kids and it’s had me reflect back to my family’s experiences and what I needed most in those more challenging seasons of parenting and homeschooling.  Ideas on what to do in specific situations or which curriculum to use, parenting advice, someone to celebrate a success with, words of encouragement and a listening ear have meant so much to me over the years!  I’ve been blessed in having family and dear friends to pray with me and for me and I’ve cherished that most of all.  These memories flood back and inspire me to attempt to create a community support for you as well.

I’ve found that community is vital in keeping one’s sanity and raising kids.  Especially our unique kids!

My desire is to create a place for dialogue and get us sharing our experiences, wisdom and questions.  We can learn so much from each other and we will be stronger together.  You may just have the answer to the question another has been asking! 

I’ll open a conversation and get things started, and then I’d like you to take a few minutes to respond by sharing your experience and perspective.  We’ll keep things short, I know you’re busy!  But, I think that we can learn a lot from each other, whatever stage we are in and I believe that it will help us see things from a new perspective or give us direction. 

So, please, grab a coffee and join the conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment